Body sculpting laser liposuction also known as lipoplasty or liposculpture is a surgical method often used to remove tenacious fat deposits that are resistant to both exercise and proper diet. Though this method is considered relatively easy and safe, it has some risks that range from anesthesia reaction, nerve damage, the risk of infection and heavy bleeding just to mention but a few. These side effects are potentially dangerous. Besides that, body sculpting liposuction is also expensive, and prices vary depending on the area as well as the amount of fat being removed. The average price of carrying out liposuction ranges between $2000 and $ 9000 per body part.Before making a decision to carry out body sculpting laser liposuction, it is important to consider the following.
1. Healthy status.Your health status is perhaps one of the most important factors to consider before carrying out liposuction. It is important consider both physical and mental health, age as well as fitness levels. Before surgery, it is very important to try other non-invasive methods such as exercising and proper nutrition.
2. Consider post-surgery needs.Post surgery is normally challenging to many people. As a matter of precaution, you should wear a compression garment for at least four weeks since this helps to avoid swelling of operated parts. After surgery, it takes about two weeks to recuperate and get back to your normal activities.
3. Consider the pros and cons.Generally speaking, body sculpting laser liposuction will cost you money, time and will cause you pain. Before making the decision to use liposuction, it is very important to evaluate other safer and less expensive methods that you can use to improve your health.
Once you have made the final decision to carry out laser liposuction, you will need to recuperate. Below are some of the important tips to remember while recovering from liposuction.
1. Relax.After carrying out laser liposuction, it is very important to rest, take your time, sleep well and avoid straining your body. This will enhance cell growth and facilitate the healing process.
2. Take antibiotics.After surgery, it is important to take antibiotics to save you from infections. Take antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor and make sure that you finish your dose since this will kill all bacteria and hasten the healing process.
3. Take painkillers.Generally speaking, laser liposuction is a painful process and is, therefore, advisable that you take counter painkillers such as ibuprofen and acetaminophen.If pain persists,It is advisable to see your doctor for re- examination.
4. Take care of incision stitches.It is very important to take care of your incision stitches by avoiding dirt, following doctor’s instructions and avoiding the wetness.
5. Wear compression garments.After surgery, it is very important to wear compression garments. This garment holds the area providing support after surgery. They can also help to reduce swelling and improve healing.
ConclusionIn summary, it is clear that body laser liposuction is an easy and safe method of getting rid of excess fat. However, it has some side effects, and it’s, therefore, advisable to consider its pros and cons before making the final decision.